- To become a member of Community Baptist Church, you must:
- Accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior
- Attend New Members Orientation/Discipleship Training
- Be baptized (if you have not previously been baptized)
- Receive the Right Hand of Fellowship
- To begin your walk with God, you must first accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.
- Individuals may accept the invitation to join Community Baptist Church by walking to the front of the sanctuary when the Pastor issues "the call" at each Sunday service.
- You will meet with a member of our ministerial team who will pray the Prayer of Salvation with you, collect your information and provide you with details on the next steps.
Prayer of Salvation
Heavenly Father, I come to you admitting that I am a sinner. Right now, I choose to turn away from sin, and I ask You to cleanse me of all unrighteousness. I believe that Your Son, Jesus, died on the cross to take away my sins. I also believe that He rose again from the dead so that I might be forgiven of my sins and made righteous through faith to Him. I call upon the name of Jesus Christ to be the Savior and Lord of my life. Jesus, I choose to follow You and ask that You fill me with the power of the Holy Spirit. I declare that right now I am a child of God. I am free of penalty of sin and made of the righteousness of God. I am saved in Jesus' name. Amen.
New Members Orientation / Discipleship Training
- Once you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, you may start the process of becoming a member of Community Baptist Church. Candidates for membership must first attend New Members Orientation/Discipleship Training. The full day class is typically held on the Saturday preceding the first Sunday of each month and will be divided into a morning and afternoon segment:
- In the morning, New Members Orientation will provide a broad overview of life at Community Including: :
o The history of our church
o The Pastor's background
o What it means to be a Christian at Community Baptist
o The principles and power of tithing
o Prayer and bible study
- In the afternoon, Discipleship Training will cover a broad range of topics including:
o Spiritual growth
o Developing intimacy with God
o Living a Godly lifestyle
o Discovering and using your spiritual gifts
- The session concludes with a tour of the church and a brunch.
Baptism and the Right Hand of Fellowship
- Community Baptist Church typically performs the rite of baptism on the first Sunday of each month.
- You will receive additional information on the baptism process at New Members Orientation.
- Right Hand of Fellowship
- The Right Hand of Fellowship is typically extended on the first Sunday, immediately following baptisms.
- Candidates who have completed the New Members Orientation and have been baptized, at either Community Baptist Church or another church, are eligible to receive the Right Hand of Fellowship.
- All new members will receive a church membership certificate and membership identification number.
Connect with a Ministry!
Ministries are the heart of our church! We need our members to work in fellowship to serve the Lord through volunteering to help our church and community. Please visit our Ministries page for more information about joining a CBC ministry: